SDS + Plus Masonry Hammer Drill Bit Tungsten Carbide Tip
SDS Plus Masonry Hammer Drill Bits
SDS plus drill bits have a special shank with keyways to support the extra torque a SDS Plus drill provides. Narrow side edges reduce resistance. SDS comes from the German "Stecken – Drehen – Sichern" (Insert – Twist – Secure).
Suitable for drilling concrete, blockwork, natural stone, solid or perforated bricks, hollow blocks etc... Whether you're drilling holes for anchors or fixings, cable or pipe bases, these convenient SDS plus masonry drill bits will come in handy.
The SDS + (plus) shank has the advantage of fitting into a simple spring-loaded chuck, so that bits are simply pushed into the chuck without tightening. This shank and chucks made for it are especially suited to hammer drilling with masonry drills in stone and concrete. The drill bit is not held solidly in the chuck, but can slide back and forth like a piston; it does not slip during rotation due to the non-circular shank cross-section, matching the chuck. The hammer of the drill acts to accelerate only the drill bit itself, and not the large mass of the chuck, which makes hammer drilling with an SDS shank drill bit much more productive than with other types of shank.
Features & Benefits
- High Grade Sintered Carbide Tip - heavy duty strike resistant tip made of sintered carbide
- 160° Shallow Nose Angle - provides the optimum angle for penetration and chiselling effect
- Deep flutes - provide optimum removal of dust & debris via rounded spiral geometry
- Strengthened Core - ensures optimum transfer of hammering, stability and strength
- DIN 8035 - ensuring perfect quality, drilling speed & vibration reduction
- Heat Treated - for extra strength & longevity